We bring forth a superior grade range of Mica Powder
that occurs in pegmatite usually in book form and can be cleaved in small thickness. Its common properties are elasticity and heat resistance. Generally mica is clear and it is ruby in color and free from other flaws.
India exports block mica mainly and a little quantity exported to Iran, Poland, and Norway mainly. Rajasthan mica is generally spotted. Mica is of superior type and usually free from spots and buckles.
Chemical Composition of MICA
- Its commercial importance so far electrical industries are concerned. Due to its dielectric properties and low power factor, it is invaluable in electrical industry.
- It can also withstand with high temperature. Mica films as such are also used in radio valves etc.
- A number of products like mica tube, mica cloth, mica paper, mica silk, mica tape are manufactured for use in electrical appliances.
- Mica bricks are also manufactured, also used in steel industry as light weight insulating bricks.
- Mica powder used as filler in rubber, as flaxy extender in paints, as in electrode coating and for water proof packing and roofing material.
- Also used in oil drilling, in capacitors, ignition systems, non electrical uses, diaphragm for oxygen breathing equipment, for optical instruments etc.
Mica is chemically silicates of aluminum with some water of crystallization containing elements like potassium, sodium, magnesium, lithium, vanadium and iron sometimes also barium and manganese. There are seven important species under mica group.