Our range of Calcite Powder
is a naturally occurring calcium carbonate. It Crystallizes in Rhombohedra form. By using this characteristic of calcite we can distinguish it from identical minerals and from barites by its low specific gravity.
It is usually white in color but other varieties are also found. Principal characteristics are transparency, high degree of purity and perfect crystalline structure. In polarized films and lenses also, it is useful. Rajasthan is one of principal producing states in the country. It is marketed in pulverized form.
Chemical Composition of Calcite
- It is used as flux in glass industry.
- Also used as filler in rubber industry.
- It is also utilized in sizing of textile goods. It also provides mortar cement, bleaching powder etc.
- The transparent variety is used in optical industry for manufacture of nicol prism.
- Ceramic industry also another consumer of calcite.
- Calcite in pulverized state is consumed for the manufacture of paint and distemper. It is also used in pesticides and insecticides.
Main contents are
- It is natural calcium carbonate.